GOALS AND PHILOSOPHY
SYLA will provide a safe, fun and positive environment that fosters good sportsmanship and citizenship while learning the skills necessary to play the great game of lacrosse.
- Our coaches will teach fundamental skills and rules appropriate for each age group and insure playing time for ALL athletes in scrimmages, games and/or tournaments.
- Beginning athletes will be taught field positions, develop fundamental skills and a sense of fair play.
- Experienced players refine their skills and learn advanced position and team play.
- Skills are reinforced through playing opportunities for ALL athletes through scrimmages, games and/or tournaments.
- Equal playing time is emphasized for beginning and intermediate athletes.
- The advanced athlete is challenged with a competitive team and game experience.
- The U15 athletes are prepared for the rigors of a high school lacrosse program.
SYLA teams are comprised of boys in four age levels.
U7 (NEW Boys & Girls programs) All players must born from 9/1/2009 through 8/31/2010.
- U9 All players must born from 9/1/2007 through 8/31/2008.
- U11 All players must born from 9/1/2005 through 8/31/2006.
- U13 All players must born from 9/1/2003 through 8/31/2004.
- U15 All players must Born from 9/1/2001 through 8/31/2002. 9th graders are permitted to play provided they are not playing for their high school team and they meet the age/birth day requirements.
All boys are required to have the following equipment for all age groups. Stick, Lacrosse Helmet with NOCSAE approved safety seal, Mouth Guard, Shoulder Pads, Arm Pads, Gloves, Cup and Supporter, and Molded Rubber Cleats/Spikes.
U7 praticipants only need a stick. Gloves are optional.
U7 (Boys & Girls programs) = $190.00 / U9-U15 (Boys programs) = $220 early registration fee for Boys and Girls up until February 28, 2017. Late Registration = add $15 beginning March 1, 2017. Includes team shorts and reversible jersey.
***All boys and girls are required to have a current membership with US Lacrosse.***
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
All SBLA athletes must join US Lacrosse. Membership is $30.00 and provides comprehensive insurance for our athletes for one year. In addition, athletes receive a subscription to Lacrosse Magazine.
FAMILY DISCOUNTS & PLAYER SCHOLARSHIPS
Families registering more than one child receive a $10 registration fee discount for each additional child. Scholarship help is available to families needing assistance with registration fees. E-mail: SilverbacksLacrosse@gmail.com for more information.
The DYLA (Delmarva Youth Lacrosse Association) runs the Spring Lacrosse season. It will begin for SYLA in early March with its first boys practice and conclude early June.
Boys Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 – 7:30 pm.
Location = New Castle Middle just outside OLD New Castle. 903 Delaware Ave, NC, DE 19720
All league games will be played on Sunday afternoons for the Boys Division. However, some games could be played on Thursday evenings and/or Saturday. Start times for games usually begin at 1:00 PM, but can vary from weekend to weekend up to 4:00 PM on the weekends. Weeknight games could start at 6:30 PM. Game sites to be determined.
New U7 program only participates on Tuesdays and Thursdays…NO Sundays games except season ending tournament in June.
All of our teams travel to various game locations in Delaware, Maryland Eastern Shore and/or Southeastern Pennsylvania.
TOURNAMENT – Sunday June 4, 2017
DYLA hosts a round robin tournament at the conclusion of our regular season schedule. The tentative date for our tournament will be Sunday, May 21st.. All boys and girls youth teams throughout Delaware will participate in an exciting fun day event playing teams from Delaware and surrounding out-of-state youth lacrosse programs. Teams U7-U15 included.
Our first Boys practice will be held on Tuesday March 15th. at 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. Practice site and Home games will be held at the New Castle Elementary School at 903 Delaware Street, New Castle, DE 19720. Girls Practice sessions TBD.
SBLA depends on the support of parents. We need parents to make sure that their athletes arrive to practice sessions and games on time. Parents are needed to provide refreshments for games such as oranges and be available to carpool for away games. If parents are interested in becoming a Lacrosse coach or referee contact your local team rep for more information.